Start the year off WRITE with this perfect first day of school class treat... and free printable tags

Every year, on the first day of school, my boys bring little treats to share with their new classmates. I think this is a simple way to teach my boys about kindness, giving, and the importance of friendship. This year, my 8 year old wanted to share some brightly coloured pencils with his friends, and today I am sharing the finished product, and the adorable tags I designed.


I designed 4X6 tags in Picmonkey.com, had the tags printed at my local photo lab, and cut the tags in half. Then, cut little slits in the tags and inserted pencils. Cute, right?


You can design your own tags, or you can download and print the generic tags I designed. To download these tags for free: right-click on the photo below, save it to your computer, and print it like a regular 4X6 photo.


I love how the brightly coloured pencils contrast with the chalkboard tags!


I think bringing a little class treat on the first day of school is a wonderful way to start off a new year. The pencils are a fantastic alternative to sugary treats too... especially when allergies and nutrition policies are an issue. What do you think about sending something small to share with friends on the first day of school? It's definitely not necessary, but it is a fun little tradition that my boys' enjoy.

♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

Don't miss any of the fun....