Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies

I love Christmas baking, and my boys always enjoy when I make them special holiday cookies. Recently, I picked up some candy eyeballs at the grocery store, and I knew I could turn them into something festive and fun. I made a few modifications to my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, and today I am sharing the recipe for my delicious and adorable peanut butter reindeer cookies.


To make these sweet cookies, you'll need the following ingredients:

1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
red Smarties
candy eyes
pretzels

Then:

1) In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
2) Add baking soda and baking powder, and beat until combined.
3) Add egg and vanilla, and beat again.
4) Stir in flour.
5) Roll spoonfuls of dough into balls, place on a cookie sheet, and bake in a preheated oven (at 375 degrees) for 7-10 minutes.
6) While the cookies are still warm, insert candy eyes, red Smarties, and broken pretzels to create reindeer faces.
7) Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

You can download and print the recipe card by: right-clicking on the picture below, saving it to your computer, and printing it.


Wouldn't these be fun cookies to bake and leave for Santa? Kids will love rolling the dough into balls and inserting the candy and pretzels to make the faces.


Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie recipe? I have a couple festive recipes I love (including my make-ahead gingerbread cookies and my simple cut-out butter cookies), but these peanut butter reindeer cookies are definitely being added to my annual holiday baking list!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....