Tips for Celebrating Canada Day

This year, we are spending our Canada Day camping with family. My boys are super excited, and I am looking forward to celebrating with them. How are you planning to commemorate July 1st? Today I am sharing a few tips that are guaranteed to make your Canada Day celebration a success.


Start with a trip to the dollar store to pick up simple decorations, plastic cups, and sparklers. If you poke a hole in a plastic cup, you can protect little fingers from the heat of the sparkler.


You'll also want to stock up Canada Day t-shirts. Anything red and white will do!


Finally... supplies for a Canada Day BBQ are a must!

Of course, I am hoping for a sunny day, but in case it rains or we need a little time to wind down and relax, I'll pack everything we need for a movie a night.

In keeping with the Canada Day theme, we'll likely be streaming some Canadian Netflix content. 

Here are a few of my favorites:

For the family (filmed in Vancouver) - Diary of a Wimpy Kid. This is a favorite with my boys, and my husband and I think it is funny too.


For the kids (produced by a Canadian studio) - Super Why. My boys loved this when they were little, and it's educational too.


For the grown ups in the mood for romance (starring a wonderful Canadian actress) - About Time. Who doesn't love a romantic comedy?


For the grownups in the mood to laugh (starring some terrific Canadian comedians) - Arrested Development. It's always good for a laugh.


However you decide to celebrate, I hope you have a fantastic Canada Day filled with BBQs, community events, fireworks, family, and Canadian pride!

 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

Disclosure: I receive compensation as part of my affiliation with Netflix.... however (as always) the opinions on this blog are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this nice post ... and smiling (for no obvious subject)!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....