Celebrate the Little Things {because they are actually the big things}

When you have kids, life can get very busy.  I feel like we are always rushing to get somewhere or do something.  I sometimes need to remind myself of the importance of slowing down and taking the time to appreciate my boys (while they are still young). So today, instead of doing laundry, I baked a cake for my 7 year old's stuffed dog.


It seems like a silly thing to do, right?  But on the way out the door this morning, my 7 year old told me that today was "Slush's" birthday.  He told me this information as though it was very important news... and to him, it was.


So, after I got my boys off to school, I blew up some balloons and baked a cake.  And after supper, we sang, "Happy Birthday", and "Slush" blew out his candle.


I know my boys will only be little for a short time, so sometimes it is necessary to let the laundry pile up and have a birthday party for a stuffie.  Happy Birthday, Slush!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

Don't miss any of the fun....