Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

I am a big fan of my slow cooker... especially on hot days when I don't want to turn on my oven.  One of my favorite recipes is for Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes and Apples.  It is seriously yummy!


Here's what you'll need:

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
4 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and slice 1/2 inch thick)
2 small or 1 large pork tenderloin
2 medium apples (peeled and chopped into chunks)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp water

Here's what you do*:



1)  In a small bowl, mix the following together: brown sugar, thyme, salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
2)  Place sweet potatoe slices in the bottom of the slow cooker, and sprinkle with half of the spice mixture.
3)  Use the remaining spice mixture to coat the pork tenderloin, and place it on top of the sweet potatoes.
4)  Top with apples, cranberries, and water.
5)  Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours.  Reduce heat to low, and cook for an additional 5 to 6 hours.

*This recipe is based on one I found in Today's Parent Magazine.  You can find the original recipe here.

Do you have a favorite slow cooker recipe?  I'd love a link to it.  I am always looking for new dinner ideas.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....