Simple Felt {Christmas Tree} Ornament

Those of you that were reading my blog last year might remember that I make ornaments for my friends and family each year.  Last year I made little felt stockings, and this year I made simple felt Christmas trees.

 
The tradition started over 20 years ago, and it has become one of my favorite holiday traditions. Because I make so many, I try to keep the design simple. I also try to make ornaments that are flat and light so that they are easy and inexpensive to mail with Christmas cards.


Want to make one... or a bunch?  They are really quick and easy -- a perfect project for beginners.

Here's what you do:


1)  Cut out the felt pieces you will need:  2 red circles, 1 green triangle, and 1 small brown rectangle.
2)  Stitch the brown rectangle and green triangle onto one of the red circles.  Sew a small yellow button onto the top of the tree.  {Per the picture above.}
3)  Tie a piece of ribbon to form a "loop" and stitch to the other red circle.
4)  Stitch the two red circles together.

That's it!  Isn't it an adorable little felt ornament?  What are some of your treasured holiday traditions?


♥ 

Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

* Don't miss out on any of the East Coast Mommy fun... follow me on facebook here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts
    and I will be waiting for your next write ups thanks once
    again.
    Feel free to surf my blog ; info

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....