Chocolate Banana Bread

About a year ago, I shared my mom's (no fail) banana bread recipe.  My boys love banana bread as an after school snack or as a treat in their lunches, so I use this recipe frequently, but this week I decided to "switch it up" a little.  I made Chocolate Banana Bread, and it was delicious.


Here's how to make it:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a large loaf pan.

2) Whisk together the following dry ingredients:
     2 cups of flour
     1/4 cup cocoa
     1/2 cup white sugar
     3 tsp baking powder
     1/2 tsp baking soda
     1/2 tsp salt
     1/2 cup chocolate chips

3) In a separate bowl, beat together:
     1 egg
     3/4 cup milk
     1/4 cup vegetable oil
     1 1/2 cup (approx 3 medium-sized) mashed ripe bananas 
     {mashing bananas is a perfect job for little helpers.}


4) Mix wet and dry ingredients thoroughly, and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes.

Enjoy... and let me know what you think!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....