Personal-sized Pizzas on the Grill

In my house, we don't all agree on what toppings make the best pizza, so a couple of weeks ago I thought it would be fun to make some personal-sized pizzas.... on the BBQ.  This recipe is easy, tasty, and makes the perfect {easy} summer supper.


Here is how I made each of my boys their very own {delicious} grilled pizza:

1)  I started out with a simple crust, which had the perfect consistency for grilling.  You can find the recipe here.  When the dough was ready, I divided it up into small balls (about the size of a baseball), and rolled each one out to slightly less than 1/4" thick.  (Note: If you are stacking the rolled out dough, make sure to put parchment paper in between each layer to prevent sticking.)


2)  While I was rolling out the dough and getting the toppings ready, my husband oiled the grill and heated it to medium.  Then, I placed the crusts on the grill and cooked them for about two minutes (until they started to bubble).  My husband used tongs to flip them over, and cooked them for another two minutes.


3)  We quickly added our toppings, closed the lid, and let the pizzas cook for another 3 minutes.  (Note:  It is very important to have the toppings "ready to go" beside the grill because they need to be placed on the pizzas quickly after the crusts are cooked.)


What is your favorite pizza topping?  Would these "mini" pizzas be a hit in your house?  


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

6 comments:

  1. We just did this the other day too! SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have grilled pizzas before, but I have never made everyone their own personal pizza. The boys thought it was awesome! :-)

      Delete
  2. This looks so fun! I've also heard you can do this with pita bread so you don't have to make your own crust :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would totally work... but my boys aren't big fans of pita bread. Luckily, the crust is pretty easy. :-)

      Delete
  3. mmmmm...looks good! Who knew pizza would work so well on a grill! Might have to give this a go the next time we are heating up the coals!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at Flashback Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We did something similar to this in Girl Scouts. We made ovens out of aluminum foil and a cardboard box. Thanks for sharing!
    I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Tuesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.
    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....